Odyssey Space Research
This software development position involves simulation software and flight software requirements, development, and testing in an object oriented environment. Odyssey specializes in the Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) domain, but is looking for other spacecraft flight software domain expertise (e.g. ECLSS, EPS, C&DH, C&T, Crew displays, etc) and expertise in flight software architecture, scheduling, and similar.
Developing and extending spacecraft flight software applications, space vehicle software architecture, device drivers and interfaces, as well as test support hardware and software interfaces.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident due to government contract requirements
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or similar degree program
- Significant C++ experience (5+ years) in a Linux environment
- 5+ years related professional experience
- Hands-on RTOS experience (RTEMS, VxWorks, Xenomai Linux, etc.).
- Significant experience with many levels of the embedded system environment
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and practices
- Experience developing code on various platforms (ARM, x86, PowerPC, SPARC, 8051, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with hardware interfaces (PCI, 1553, SPI, I2C, CAN, RS-422/232, etc.)
- Experience with NASA’s core Flight Software (cFS)
- Experience with developing hard-real time RTOS applications at the top of the software stack
- Experience with developing RTOS device drivers
- Experience with remote systems, especially commanding and telemetry
- Experience with various networking standards (including, but not limited to TCP, UDP, IP)
- Experience with various CCSDS standards
- Experience with XTCE