Odyssey Space Research
Odyssey Space Research is looking for engineers with strong software skills to do independent verification and validation of complex, safety critical flight and ground support software. The position requires being able to write and test software in addition to typical IV&V tasks such as review of designs, test coverage, and similar.
- BS or MS degree in engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of C++ and Python experience in a Linux environment
- 5+ years working with multiple spacecraft subsystems
- Experience setting up and using software quality tools such as static analysis, code coverage, etc.
- Software test and verification experience
- The ability to quickly find and determine root causes of bugs and anomalies in complex systems
- The ability to quickly understand a complex design and identify potential issues
- Experience developing models for and doing analysis with a simulation framework, such as JSC’s Trick simulation environment, GMAT, or similar
- Experience with simulating and modeling spacecraft failures
- Strong background in GNC and spacecraft dynamics