Odyssey Space Research
Odyssey Space Research is looking in the Houston area for experienced and talented information technology (IT) specialists to help maintain a Linux/Windows environment, mainly supporting software developers and engineers working on cutting edge human spaceflight projects. This specialist will focus on system configuration and deployment in an already established infrastructure for a small business with both routine operational needs and data-intensive computational requirements. Initially, the primary focus will be maturation of the provisioning system and automation of deployment of Linux workstations/laptops. This will be followed by assisting in creating a similar workflow for Windows systems and configuration and deployment of server applications (especially in a virtualized environment).
For more than 15 years Odyssey has tackled complex problems by providing innovative engineering and software solutions to advance space exploration – and had fun doing it. We foster a collaborative culture with a relaxed work environment where happy employees produce exceptional outcomes. Being a part of Odyssey Space Research means being part of a team of highly skilled professionals in fields such as aerospace engineering, software, mathematics, and physics, who create innovative products and solutions to advance space exploration. Our goal is to provide you with challenging work in a fun environment.
Required Skills (must be more than just familiar):
- Extensive Linux administration experience
- Experience with Windows administration/usage
- Extensive exposure to various virtualization technologies
- Knowledgeable in software development practices
- Comfortable in software, hardware, and network troubleshooting
- Experience with software, hardware, and network configuration management practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- U.S. Citizen (or Permanent Resident)
- BS, MS in Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree
- 5+ years experience in system administration and information technologies supporting both Linux and Windows administration
Other useful skills (desired but not required):
- Familiar with various computer virtualization technologies
- Experience in supporting government sector contracts
Odyssey Space Research, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.